Care, Tips & FAQs
Soy Candle Performance
• Soy wax has a memory. When burning your candle, especially for the first time, let it burn long enough for the wax to fully melt across the top. A full melt pool will ensure an even burn, prevent tunneling, release the maximum scent throw, and result in an overall longer burn life.
• Items are made fresh to order. Upon arrival, consider allowing an additional week of cure time for maximum scent throw.
Candle Care & Burning Tips
• Keep wick trimmed to 1/4” before every lighting
• Always place on a flat, heat-resistant surface and do not move when the wax is liquid
• Keep away from children, pets, drafts, flammables, or any foreign debris
• Do not leave a burning candle unattended
• Keep out of direct sunlight; soy wax can discolor
Scent Throw Tips
For best scent throw results from your candle or wax melts, keep the following in mind:
• Orders are made fresh: Upon arrival, consider allowing an additional week of cure time.
• Melt pool: Allow the melt pool to turn to liquid. For candles, let it touch the edges of the jar. The scent will be at its strongest when it's turned completely liquid.
• Room size & circulation: Keep in mind that it can be difficult to fill a large room or open area with fragrance. Fans or breezes can also affect scent throw; try turning your fan or A/C down or off.
• Strength: Some scents are naturally lighter than others and their fragrance oils can vary in strength. If you have a light fragrance, try using two wax melt cubes in your warmer.
• Clean out the old wax before adding a new cube to your warmer: It's important to remove the wax that's no longer fragrant before adding a new cube. Otherwise, the older wax will dilute your new cube and lessen the fragrance throw.
Q: Why soy wax?
A: Soy wax is 100% natural, non-toxic, biodegradable and a renewable resource. It's clean burning and safe for you and the environment. Soy also holds scents stronger than other waxes, has a lower melting point and burns slower, so you can enjoy your candles longer. Additionally, soy is made from USA-grown soybeans and helps to support American farmers.
Q: Can I reuse the mason jar?
A: Yes! When you are done burning your candle, soy wax is easy to clean. Use warm, soapy water to clean your jar and it can be reused or recycled.
Q: How do I clean/remove wax from my warmer?
A: When the wax in your warmer is no longer fragrant, here are a couple simple ways you can remove it: 1. Heat the warmer until the wax becomes slightly soft and wipe with a paper towel. 2. Place the top cup/insert in the freezer for about 10 minutes and the wax will pop out.
NOTE: It's important to remove the wax that's no longer fragrant before adding a new cube to your warmer. Otherwise, the older wax will dilute your new cube and lessen the fragrance throw.
Q: Do any of your fragrances contain phthalates?
A: No, all of our fragrance oils are phthalate-free!
Q: Do your candle wicks contain lead?
A: No, we use cotton wicks with zero lead/zinc/metals.
Q: Are your products vegan?
A: Yes, all of our items are considered vegan.
Q: Do you use essential oils?
A: Even though essential oils are great in many things, fragrance oils perform much better in candles. Candles with fragrance oils will have a stronger and more consistent scent throw than candles with essential oils. Therefore, we do not use essential oils.
Q: Do I need to let my candle cure?
A: Since items are made fresh to order, while it is not necessary, I do recommend letting your candle cure for at least another week upon arrival. Doing so will help release the maximum scent throw.
Q: Do you offer coupons?
A: Yes! Be sure to sign up for our Newsletter and follow our Instagram and Facebook pages to know about sales, promotions, or coupon codes.
Q: How do I sign up for your Newsletter?
A: You can subscribe to our newsletter here: Subscribe to Newsletter or you can login to your account and go to My Account > Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Newsletter. Newsletters will be sent no more than twice a month.
Q: Do you take custom orders?
A: Custom orders are welcomed! Processing times will vary for any custom materials to become in stock. Contact us if you'd like something created for you!